WATS is the world's biggest gathering of aviation training professionals
WATS 2013 was a huge success, with 931 attendees from 49 countries including 94 airlines. Presentations are now available from the WATS conference streams - International Pilots, Regional Pilots, Cabin Crew and Maintenance - and the Sesión en Lengua Española.
See the World Airline Pilot Training Conference Program and Presentations
See the Regional Airline Pilot Training Conference Program and Presentations
See the Maintenance Training Conference Program and Presentations
See the Cabin Crew Training Conference Program and Presentations
See the Spanish language Conference Program and Presentions
Here are some highlights from the 2013 conference:
- Keynote speeches by Peggy Gilligan, Associate Administrator for Aviation Safety, FAA and Earl F. Weener, Member of the National Transportation Safety Board
- Particularly heavy involvement by the FAA with training, standards and simulator qualifications personnel
- Special focus on Latin America with two dedicated sessions conducted in Spanish, plus more VIPs and delegates from Latin America
- A focus on regional airline training issues including the new regulatory environment in the US
- A focus on the current global air carrier training issues including operations for economic and environmental efficiency, upset training and recovery, runway safety, global pilot supply and demand, new aircraft introduction, flight training human factors, promotion of professionalism, and training "lessons learned"
- An extensive treatment of maintenance training issues with a global emphasis on issues and techniques
- International cabin training perspectives from operators and training providers
- A Training Technology Focus on Day 3 covering simulation technology advancements, e-learning and mobile learning in air carrier operations.
To see who came to WATS 2013 please see the Attendee List.
Join the WATS Group on LinkedIn to start networking with other visitors to WATS!
Share your comments about WATS on Twitter using #wats2013
Photos from WATS 2013 will be posted at facebook.com/halldalemedia
WATS 2014 will be held on 1st - 3rd April next year and at the same venue, the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort. You will find the dates for other meetings up to 2017 on this page.
Watch this space for more updates on WATS 2014! We will be launching our Call for Papers and Registration for WATS 2014 in December.