1. Mr. J. Randolph Babbitt, Administrator, FAA
2. Captain Rory Kay, Executive Air Safety Chairman, ALPA
1100-1230 Session 2 - Operational Safety Insights (all conference tracks)
1. Captain Winston Scott, Dean, College of Aeronautics, Florida Institute of Technology (FIT)
"Training Lessons from the Space Program and Military Aviation" [pptx]
2. Captain John Bent, Director Training Strategy, Sino-Foreign Aviation Education Associates Ltd.
“Training for Safety” [pptx]
3. Dr. Kathy Abbott, Chief Scientific and Technical Advisor, Flight Deck Human Factors, FAA and Captain John Cox, President/CEO, Safety Operating Systems.
"Beyond Pilot Error: Aviation Safety and Training" [pptx]
1400-1530 Session 3 – WATS/RATS Pilot: New Training Paradigms
1. Mr. Mohamed Elamiri, Head, ICAO Audit Programmes
“Update on ICAO’s Next Generation of Aviation Professionals Initiatives” [pptx]
2. Lou Nemeth, CAE
“From Candidate to Flight Crew: Keeping your Airline One Step Ahead in Pilot Selection and Provisioning” [ppt]
3. Anthony Petteford, Oxford Aviation Academy and Capt Matthias Kippenberg [ppt]
“Providing MPL to a 3rd party airline pilot training market"
1615-1745 Session 4 - WATS/RATS Pilot: Dealing with Today's Training Issues
1. Dr. Janeen Kochan, ARTS Inc.
“From ‘Now-Gen’ to ‘Next-Gen’ Pilots: Do We Need (More) New Rules?” [pptx]
2. Captain Cor Blokzijl, Director Flight Operations, Mandala Airlines
“The Impact of Cockpit Automation on Pilot Training” [ppt]
3. Scott Nutter, General Manager, Research, AQP & Development, Delta Air Lines
“Creating the Largest Pilot Training Program in the World” [ppt]
0900-10:30 Session 5 - WATS: Air Carrier Training Insights
1. Robert Barnes, Robert B Barnes Associates Inc.
“Pilot Training: the Case for Identifying Global Best Practices” [ppt]
2. Captain Roman Hurych, Flight Chief Instructor, Czech Airlines
“Dealing with Unreliable Speed at Recurrent Training” [ppt]
3. Dr. Nihad Daidzic, Associate Professor of Aviation, Minnesota State University
“Adverse Elevator Effect in Airplane Landing Flare” [pptx]
1115-1245 Session 6 - WATS: Air Carrier Training Insights
1. Captain John Cox, President/CEO, Safety Operating Systems
“Loss of Control, Avoidance, Recognition and Recovery” [pptx]
2. Captain Tim Leonard, Senior Manager Flight Training, Southwest Airlines
“RNP Implementation at Southwest Airlines”
3. Captain Christof Kemeny, Lufthansa Cityline [ppt] and Captain Mark Maskiell, JetBlue [ppt]
“Dual HGS Training and AQTP”
1415-1545 WATS PILOT BREAKOUT Session I
1. FAA National Simulator Program (NSP) Briefing Session
-Representatives from the FAA’s Atlanta-based National Simulator Program (NSP) will conduct their traditional WATS briefing and Question and Answer Session
2. Upset Recovery Training (URT) Panel
1615-1745 WATS/RATS BREAKOUT Session II
-Industry Panel will discuss the need and role of Air Traffic Control (ATC) simulation in flight simulation training.
0900-1030 Session 7 – Simulation Technology Update (all conference tracks)
1.Graeme Ogilvie, ALSIM
“How are Advances in Technology Helping in Initial Pilot Training?” [pptx]
2. David White, Chief Scientist, Thales
“B787 Training Technologies”
3. Kip Caudrey, Senior Manager Simulator Evaluation, Standards, and Regulatory Affairs, Boeing Training
"Are we getting maximum training value using currently available simulation technology?" [ppt]
1115-1245 Session 8 – Focus on e-Learning for Air Carriers (all conference tracks)
WATS Session conducted by Herbert Schwarz, Chairman of the Aviation Industry CBT Committee (AICC).
1. Brad Cooper, Senior Vice President Research, Plateau Systems
“ROI in Training – Finding the Right Approach and Strategies for Making the LMS Case in Today’s Cost-Cutting Climate” [ppt]
2. John Alonso, CTO, Outstart
“The Flying Classroom – Mobile Learning for the Mobile Workforce: Can We Afford Not to Do It?”